Home » Two EKEDC employees die of electrocution

Two EKEDC employees die of electrocution

by Daudu John

Two Discos employees electrocuted in Lagos

The Lagos State Police Command confirmed on Sunday the electrocution of two members of staff of the Eko Electricity Distribution Company in Lagos State.

The incident took place in the Obalende area of Lagos Island.

The Police Public Relations Officer in Lagos, SP Benjamin Hundeyin, confirmed the incident.

Hundeyin said the case was reported to the Lion Building Division of the command on Saturday at 5.55 p.m. by another member of staff of the EKEDC from Lagos Island.

He said the EKEDC worker reported that on Saturday, one of his colleagues, simply identified as Umaru, 51 years old, got electrocuted while digging to locate a faulty transformer cable at the P&T Obalende area.

“In the process, another colleague named Sunday Awaruwa, 48 years old, who tried to rescue the victim, was also electrocuted.

“Based on the report, detectives visited and photographed the scene, rescued the victims, and rushed them to the Lagos Island General Hospital, where they were confirmed dead by the doctor on duty.

“Their remains were deposited at the IDH mortuary in Yaba for autopsy. Meanwhile, an investigation is in progress,” he said. (NAN)


Related Posts

Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?
Update Required Flash plugin