A former governor of Imo state, Rochas Okorocha, on Tuesday described as false the report that he had sued the Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, and demanded N1bn damages over the invasion of his home in Abuja by the operatives of Economic and Finance Crimes Commission last week.
The ex-governor also denied the claim that he had briefed five Senior Advocates of Nigeria to commence legal action against the Federal Government.
Okorocha in a statement issued in Owerri by his spokesperson, Sam Omwuemeodo, said that he had no reason to sue the AGF because his office was not the one who invaded his home nor took him to court.
The statement said that Okorocha and his lawyers were more concerned about ensuring that the ex-governor, who currently represents Imo West in the Senate, regains his freedom as soon as possible.
Omwuemeodo said that Okorocha knew those to sue for damages when he comes out from the EFFC net, if he decides to press charges.
Part of the statement read, “We were concerned with the expected hearing of the bail application today when our attention was drawn to the online stories of N1b suit and engagement of five SANS.
“Okorocha has no reason to take either the Attorney General of the Federation or the office of the Attorney General of the Federation, to court and claim N1b damages, over the invasion of his house, since the incident had nothing to do with AGF or his office.
“lf Okorocha comes out of detention and along the line and decides to take legal action to press for damages over the invasion of his residence, he knows those who carried out the action. We do not think he would include the AGF or his office